The Florida Department of Education's Office of K12 School Choice is pleased to announce this year's Florida Charter School Conference will be held November 1-3, 2017, in Daytona Beach at the Ocean Center with sleeping rooms and additional meeting space at the Daytona Beach Hilton.
Providing conference attendees the chance to connect with companies like yours is an important part of the overall conference experience. Your company is invited to support the conference by reserving a booth in the exhibit hall. Booth reservations will be accepted online until sold out. For information on being a conference partner, please e-mail Noelle Bonard.
We hope you make the choice to exhibit at this year's conference. See you in Daytona!
The Florida Charter School Conference Team
Booth rate: $850 per 10' deep x 10' wide space
Fee includes the following:
- 10' deep x 10' wide uncarpeted booth area with 2' x 6' draped table and 2 chairs
- Pipe railing, 8' high curtain back wall, and 3' high curtain side dividers
- Identification sign listing company name
- Descriptive listing in the program book
- One conference program book
- Three exhibitor representative registrations which include meal events and entrance to all sessions
Any additional needs, such as carpet, electricity, Internet, A/V, Food & Beverage, are at the exhibitor’s expense. Please see below for service providers.
|Wednesday, November 1
||Exhibit Hall Set-up by National Expo
||8:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
||Exhibit Hall Set-up by Exhibitors
||11:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
||Exhibit Hall Open
||4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
|Thursday, November 2
||Exhibit Hall Open
||10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
||Exhibit Hall Break Down
||4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Security will be provided overnight.
• Full Conference Schedule
The Florida Charter School Conference draws attendees from charter schools across the entire state. Participants include charter school authorizers, operators, administrators and educators. The 2016 conference attracted more than 600 participants.
- List of Charter Schools in Florida
- Lead Retrieval System
There is not an official lead retrieval system for the conference. However, QR codes of the attendees' vcard information will be printed on the name badges. Apps like CamCard should be able to scan the codes for collection. Read 5 Apps to Help You Capture Leads at Trade Shows to help you find the right option for you. Online services like iCapture are also able to scan the code.
To the right is a sample QR that is the same as what will be on the name badges. Scan to test it with your software. Click the image for a large version.
- Advertising Opportunities
Several advertising opportunities exist for both exhibiting and non-exhibiting organizations.
Deadline to submit print ad file: August 25, 2017
Deadline to submit bag stuffer item and online ad: October 13
Partner packages are on a "first come, first serve" reservation system and are limited to ONE partner package per company until July 31, 2017. After August 1, companies may reserve additional partner packages if available.
- Door Prizes
We are planning two big door prize drawing events for the attendees and would greatly appreciate your assistance. The first one will be on Thursday, November 2, during the afternoon break and the other on Friday, November 3, at the end of the closing session. You are also welcome to do your own door prize drawings from your booth during exhibit hall hours. Please let us know if you would like to be part of the drawings by submitting your door prize information.
- Attendee List Order Form
Exhibitors may order a list of attendees who give permission for their contact information to be released. The list is down to a low of around 40% of the attendees giving permission to realease their contact information.
- Participating Attendee Organizations
The listed organizations will be represented by attendees.
- Exhibit Hall Directory Card
For the past several years, an Exhibit Hall directory card has been included in the participants' bags. It is our way to encourage attendees to visit all the exhibitors.
- Catering at the Ocean Center - Spectra
Ms. Ashley Santoianni
Download Booth Catering Menu
- Meeting Room Rental at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort
Director of Catering & Convention Services
- Electrical Services
Download Electrical Order form
*Also available in your National Expo exhibitor kit
Download Internet Order form
*Also available in your National Expo exhibitor kit
- Audio Visual Services & Equipment
American Audio Visual
Download AV Order form
*Also available in your National Expo exhibitor kit
Exhibitors may purchase an exhibitor parking pass from the garage that provides in/out privileges, $5 per day, per space. $10 overnight. Please email Noelle Bonard if your vehicle needs special parking arrangements.
Exhibit Hall Contractor
National Expo, www.natlexpo.com, is the official general services contractor for the conference. They will be sending each exhibitor's booth contact an e-mail 4-6 weeks before the event with directions for ordering booth items.
Please e-mail customerservice @ natlexpo.com if you do not receive your National Expo welcome e-mail by October 12, 2017.
- Booth Carpet, $120/booth
Booth carpet is not required, but highly recommended. Seasoned exhibitors order carpet and sometimes extra padding as it saves their feet, knees and hips.
- Dray age and Material Handling
- Freight Services Information
- Floral/Plant Rental
- Furniture Rental
Move In & Out
Exhibitors may use the loading dock access on Earl Street for large vehicles or the doors from the West parking lot for passenger vehicles. Booths need to be ready by 3:30 p.m. for a 4:00 p.m. opening on Wednesday, November 1, and by 9:30 a.m. for a 10:00 a.m. opening on Thursday, November 2. Booths may not be taken down until 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 2, 2017.
Click for larger PDF.
To reduce the "where's my booth shipment" anxiety on set up day if you are shipping booth material, please send your shipment to National Expo's warehouse in Orlando by Friday, October 27, 2017. Shipments can be received starting October 2, 2017. National Expo will deliver your shipment to your booth in time for set up. Please refer to National Expo's service kit regarding the material handling fee incurred for all shipments.
Warehouse shipping address:
- FCSC - "Your Company Name - Booth #"
C/O National Expo c/o ABF Freight System
3732 Bryn Mawr Street
Orlando, FL 32808
The convention center will NOT accept shipments to the exhibit hall. All exhibitor shipments must be sent to the National Expo warehouse. Deliveries to individual sleeping rooms at the hotel will incur a $25 fee for every hundred pounds.
ABF is the show carrier provided for your shipping convenience. If you plan to use an alternate carrier, such as FedEx or UPS, you are responsible for making arrangements with that carrier. You are also responsible for ensuring that your carrier checks in for loading no later than 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 2, 2017. In the event your designated carrier fails to check-in by 6:00 p.m. or refuses to accept shipments, National Expo reserves the right to reroute via the official carrier.
All outbound ABF shipments require a National Expo bill of lading. Once your account is settled with National Expo, you may obtain bills of lading and shipping labels at their Service Center. Please fill out and apply the labels to the freight and return the bill of lading to the National Expo Service Desk when you are packed and ready to go. Do NOT leave your bill of lading on your shipment in your booth. It must be turned in to us for processing no later than 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 2, 2017.
ABF PICK UP TIME: 6:00 p.m., Thursday, November 2, 2017
Exhibitors using a shipping service other than ABF, such as Fedex or UPS, must arrange their own pick-up and will be responsible for labeling and pick-up arrangements of their individual boxes.
PRIOR TO DEPARTURE: If an exhibitor must ship items out on Friday, November 3, 2017, the exhibitor must provide the following to the convention services manager prior to departure as proof of scheduled pick-up:
- Name of Shipping Company
- Date of Expected Pick-up by Shipping Company
- Number of Packages to be Picked Up by Shipper
- Location of Packages in the Hotel in order to direct shipper when picking up
- Pick Up Number provided by Shipping Company
Booth Reservation Information
- FCSC Terms & Conditions
Please read the FCSC Terms and Conditions before reserving booth space.
- Ocean Center Rules & Regulations
- The use of propane, flammable bottled gas, liquid/gel fuels or open flame is prohibited with the building.
- Any other type of pressurized tank, cylinder or vessel must be properly secured to prevent damage to it.
- Helium users are responsible for the safe removal of all helium filled balloons, novelties or vehicles from the building at the end of the event,
- Decorations, signs, banners, etc., may not be taped, nailed, tacked, stapled or otherwise fastened to any portion of the facility.
- No holes may be drilled, cored or punched in the building.
- No painting of signs, displays or other objects is permitted in the building.
- No adhesive-backed (stick-on) decals or similar items (except nametags) may be distributed or used in the building.
- Any vehicle displayed in a show must have the battery cables disconnected. The gas tank must either be taped shut or have a lockable gas cap and may contain no more than of a tank of fuel.
- No sample food and/or beverage products may be distributed by exposition sponsoring organizations and/or their exhibitors except upon written authorization for Ocean Center Management.
- No one may bring food or beverage into the Ocean Center at any time.
- The Ocean Center recommends the use of residue resistant carpet tape (i.e. Bron #BTIOOD/F or Bron #R 136 clear floor tape). All tape and its residue must be removed from floor and disposed of immediately after the show.
- All electrical extension cords must be three wire UL listed and LL approved. Two wire electrical cords and zip cord is prohibited.
- Ocean Center Management must approve taping down of carpet and/or electrical cords prior to installation. Only tape approved by Ocean Center Management will be allowed.
- Freight deliveries will not be accepted by the Ocean Center. Please ask your show management for proper drayage instructions.
- Parking on loading docks, except for loading and unloading, is prohibited. Violator's vehicle(s) will be towed at owner's expense.
FCSC exhibitors are required to have liability coverage that names Florida Charter Schools Conference as an additional insured. FCSC exhibitors may add to their existing or purchase a special group policy online through a special group policy. Qualifying applicants will be able to download a Confirmation of Coverage Certificate as soon as credit card payment is submitted. Exhibitors will need to bring their proof of insurance with them to the event in November.
- If adding FCSC to existing coverage, it should be for $1M per occurrence and $2M in the aggregate and name Florida Charter Schools Conference as additional insured. Please use the following for the address:
- Florida Charter School Conference
325 W Gaines St, Rm 1044
Tallahassee, FL 32399
- Order Liability Coverage Online
Cost is $65 plus tax.
Cancellations made on or before September 14, 2017, will be allowed a refund less a $200 administrative fee. Cancellations after that date will be charged the FULL fee. Refunds for credit card payments made after 120 days from original transaction will be refunded by check.
- Additional Exhibitor Representatives
Each booth reservation provides complimentary registration for up to three exhibitor representatives. Additional representatives are $50 each. Changes after October 25 will be handled onsite.
- Exhibit Hall Floor Plan
Exhibit space will be assigned by the conference coordinator in the order in which payments are received after Partners have made their booth selection.
» Interactive Map (opens in new window)
» PDF of the floor plan (PDF)
- Reserve a Booth
Deadline to reserve a booth is August 31, 2017 or when sold out; whichever comes first.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
to be placed on the waiting list.
Still have questions? Please email Noelle at email@example.com.
Design work for ads and promotional material:
Promotional Items for booth give-aways and bag stuffers:
Please help us improve by completing the Exhibitor Survey after the event.
» Click here to take the Exhibitor Survey